School of Health & Allied Science
About School of Health & Allied Science
Master of Hospital Administration is a two-years post-graduation degree program that prepare students for careers in healthcare management, administration, and leadership.The program is
designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage healthcare organizations and improve the delivery of healthcare services. The curriculum typically includes a combination of business courses, healthcare courses, and general education courses. Some of the core courses that students may take in the MHA program include:
- Business Communication
- Healthcare Delivery System and Services
- Hospital Waste and Disaster Management
- Health Information Management and Technology
- Accounting and Financial Management for Healthcare Organizations
- Health Economics
- Billing and Insurance
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Statistics and Research Methodology
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Quality Management in Healthcare
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Entrepreneurship and Business Strategy
In addition to in-class training, students in the MHA program also participate in 6-month internship training to gain hands-on experience in the field.
Upon completion of the program, graduates may pursue careers as healthcare administrators, hospital managers, health information managers, or other roles in healthcare management and administration. They may work in a variety of setups, including hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, insurance companies, and government agencies.
Master of Hospital Administration (M.H.A)
Graduation in any discipline (preference will be given to the candidate who is having degree in health and allied sciences) from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Dedicated (E)nglish (L)anguage and (P)ower (S)kills (L)earning module is an industry-first approach by VIROHAN, aimed to develop and enhance the communication and soft skills of students.
- Fun and engaging in-class training through BLENDED LEARNING approach to enhance student participation and retention.
- Guest Lecture sessions by healthcare industry experts.
- Regular case study based sessions to make student interview-ready through resumebuilding trainings, mock interviews, etc.
- 100% internship and job support.
- Lifetime access to myCareer app, that facilitates on the go learning.
- Opportunity to become a part of 6500+ successful alumni network.
The objectives of this 2-year MHA post-graduation degree program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage and lead healthcare organizations. Some specific objectives of the program include:
- Develop an understanding of the healthcare industry: Students will be exposed to the key concepts and issues related to the healthcare industry, including healthcare policy,ethics, and the delivery of healthcare services.
- Acquire business skills: Students will develop skills in business management and leadership, such as financial management, marketing, and strategic planning.
- Understand healthcare regulations and laws: Students will learn about the regulatory and legal framework of the healthcare industry, including compliance with laws and regulations related to patient privacy and data security.
- Gain practical experience: Through internships, projects, and other experimental learningopportunities, students will gain hands-on experience in healthcare management and administration.
- Develop critical thinking skills: Students will be challenged to think critically and analyze complex issues related to healthcare management, including evaluating the effectiveness of healthcare policies and implementing innovative solutions to improve healthcare delivery.
- Foster effective communication skills: Students will develop effective communication skills to work collaboratively with healthcare providers, patients, and other stakeholders in the healthcare industry.
Overall, the objective of the MHA degree program is to prepare students for successful career in healthcare management and leadership roles.
Graduate (Any Stream)
Candidate must have passed a Graduation Program in any discipline.
After completing a 2-year MHA degree program, graduates can pursue various career paths in the healthcare industry. Some of the common career paths include:
- Healthcare Administrator: Graduates can work as healthcare administrators in hospitals, clinics, or other healthcare organizations. They will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the organization, overseeing budgets and finances, developing policies and procedures, and managing staff.
- Health Information Manager: Graduates can work as health information managers, responsible for managing patient records and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations related to the storage and use of patient data.
- Healthcare Consultant: Graduates can work as healthcare consultants, providing advice and expertise to healthcare organizations on issues such as healthcare policy, healthcare technology, and healthcare management.
- Healthcare Marketing and Sales: Graduates can work in healthcare marketing and sales, promoting healthcare products and services to patients, providers, and other stakeholders.
- Health Services Manager: Graduates can work as health services managers, responsible for managing the delivery of healthcare services and coordinating care across different healthcare providers.
- Healthcare Educator: Graduates can work as healthcare educators, teaching and training healthcare professionals on topics such as healthcare management, healthcare policy, and healthcare technology
Why choose Shri Shankaracharya Professional University ?
- Well-qualified and experienced faculty.
- Industry tie-ups and International collaborations.
- 20+ Years of Experience.
- High Standard Detailing in Academics.
- Smart Classes and Online Learning available.