School of Engineering & Technology
About School of Engineering & Technology
The Department of Computer Science and Technology (CS&T) is a specialized academic unit within a Shri Shankaracharya Professional University, Bhilai that offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in computer science, computer engineering, and related fields.
The department typically has a faculty of professors and researchers who specialize in different areas of computer science and technology, such as algorithms and data structures, artificial intelligence, computer graphics and visualization, database systems, human-computer interaction, networking and distributed systems, software engineering, and theoretical computer science.
Students in a CS&T program will typically take courses in programming, computer architecture, data structures and algorithms, software engineering, computer networks, databases, and other areas of computer science. They may also have the opportunity to participate in research projects, internships, or other experiential learning opportunities.
The goal of a CS&T department is to educate students to become competent computer scientists who can solve complex problems, develop innovative software and hardware systems, and contribute to the advancement of computer science and technology. The department also aims to promote research in the field and to collaborate with industry partners to develop new technologies and applications.
Goal of Department of Computer Science & Technology
- The goal of the Department of Computer Science and Technology is to provide education, research, and innovation in the field of computer science and technology. The department seeks to equip students with the theoretical and practical skills needed to design, develop, and implement computer systems and software that can solve real-world problems.
- The specific objectives of the Department of Computer Science and Technology are:
- Providing students with a comprehensive understanding of the core concepts of computer science and technology, including algorithms, programming languages, computer architecture, operating systems, and software engineering.
- Preparing students to analyze, design, and develop complex software and computer systems that meet the needs of industry, government, and academia.
- Conducting research in areas such as artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, computer networks, and human-computer interaction.
- Fostering innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of computer science and technology, by promoting collaboration between academia and industry, and encouraging students to develop and commercialize new technologies.
- Providing leadership and service to the broader community, by engaging in outreach activities, promoting diversity and inclusion, and contributing to the development of public policy in areas related to computer science and technology.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.)
Higher Secondary (10+2) examination with relevant subjects from a recognized Board of Education. The candidates who have passed three years diploma programme in related branch of Engineering/Technology from recognized Board/ University shall be eligible for lateral admission to third semester/second year as per norms of AICTE.
Bachelor of Technology-Honours (B.Tech.-Honours)
Higher Secondary (10+2) examination with relevant subjects from a recognized Board of Education. The candidates who have passed three years diploma programme in related branch of Engineering/Technology from recognized Board/ University shall be eligible for lateral admission to third semester/second year as per norms of AICTE
Master of Technology (M. Tech.)
Graduation in Engineering/Technology from a recognized University in relevant/allied subjects or equivalent OR Any other qualification prescribed by the UGC/AICTE or any Regulatory Body.
The vision of a Department of Computer Science and Technology may be to become a leading institution in the field of computer science and technology. This may involve conducting cutting-edge research, providing innovative teaching methods, and fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration, and excellence.
The mission of a Department of Computer Science and Technology may be to educate students to become knowledgeable, ethical, and effective professionals in the field of computer science and technology. This may involve offering a rigorous curriculum that covers both theory and practice, providing opportunities for students to engage in research, and equipping students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a rapidly evolving field.
Overall, a Department of Computer Science and Technology may strive to advance the state of the art in computer science and technology through research, education, and collaboration with industry and other academic institutions.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):Computer Science and Technology-(UG)
- Knowledge and Skills: Graduates of the program will have a strong foundation in computer science and technology, including both theoretical and practical aspects. They will be able to apply this knowledge to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Professionalism: Graduates will possess the skills and qualities necessary to succeed as professionals in the field of computer science and technology. This may include effective communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork.
- Career Advancement: Graduates will have successful careers in a variety of fields related to computer science and technology, including industry, academia, and entrepreneurship.
- Leadership: Graduates will be capable of assuming leadership roles within their organizations and the wider community, demonstrating the ability to manage projects, motivate teams, and drive innovation.
- Ethical and Social Responsibility: Graduates will recognize the social and ethical implications of their work and take responsibility for the impact of their decisions and actions. They will be able to contribute to the well-being of society by applying their knowledge and skills to solve real-world problems.
Overall, the PEOs of a Department of Computer Science and Technology may focus on preparing students for successful careers as professionals who can apply their knowledge and skills to solve real-world problems while also being responsible and ethical members of society.
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs): Computer Science and Technology-(UG)
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs) are statements that describe what a graduate of a program should be able to do shortly after graduation. The PSOs of a Computer Science and Technology program may include:
PSO1: Design and Develop Computer-based Systems: Graduates should be able to design and develop computer-based systems that meet specific requirements using appropriate software engineering practices and tools.
PSO2: Analyze and Solve Complex Problems: Graduates should be able to analyze complex problems and develop effective solutions using appropriate mathematical, algorithmic, and computing techniques.
PSO3: Apply Knowledge of Emerging Technologies: Graduates should be able to apply their knowledge of emerging technologies and current practices in computer science and technology to develop innovative solutions to real-world problems.
PSO4: Effective Communication: Graduates should be able to communicate effectively in oral, written, and visual forms, to technical and non-technical audiences, and work collaboratively in teams.
PSO5: Professionalism and Ethical Behavior: Graduates should demonstrate professionalism, ethical behavior, and social responsibility in their work and decisions, and understand the impact of their work on individuals, society, and the environment.
Overall, the PSOs of a Computer Science and Technology program may focus on preparing students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to solve complex problems in the field of computer science and technology using appropriate practices and tools, while also promoting professionalism, ethical behavior, and social responsibility.
Programme Outcomes : Computer Science and Technology (UG)
PO1 - Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2 - Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3 - Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4 - Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5 - Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6 - The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7 - Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8 - Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9 - Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10 - Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11 - Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12 - Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Faculty Information-Computer Science and Technology
Head of the Department
Mr. Manish Sahu
Dept. of Computer Science and Technology
Shri Shankaracharya professional University,Bhilai(C.G)
Ph: +91 94060 09740
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose Shri Shankaracharya Professional University ?
- Well-qualified and experienced faculty.
- Industry tie-ups and International collaborations.
- 20+ Years of Experience.
- High Standard Detailing in Academics.
- Smart Classes and Online Learning available.